Monday, December 14, 2009

Break a leg...UPDATED


Tomorrow Ella will be competing in the UIL Storytelling competition.


She told a bedtime story to us all tonight. Theatrics, gestures, drama, and a loud, clear voice were all included free of charge.


I am driving all the way there to support her. But I can't go into watch her perform. Kind of annoying.

I also get to drive all the way there tomorrow to be with Benjamin as he competes in the Art History competition. I am so proud of both of them. But I am especially proud of how hard Benjamin has worked. He knows more about art than I ever dreamed of knowing at his age - heck more than I ever dreamed of knowing at 32. He has tried out for UIL every year since coming to Texas. This is his first year competing.

I love my kids.

Gainesville here I come.


Ella made the finals in storytelling - and she competed a second time today. The results from the finals haven't been shared yet. But way to go Ella! - she was one of 8 finalists out of about 40 kids!!!

2 comments:

LaFish said...

Good Luck to Ella and Benjamin! Have a safe trip to Gainesville.

PS- I believe they have outlet malls there if you have to wait for the kids for a while :)

Sarah said...

yay!!! go ella and ben!!!