Saturday, December 26, 2009

Oooh Ahhh...........

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


My Thanksgiving Turkey was awful. It was as dry as the Sahara. I blamed it on the new oven which heats up better than my old one (btw. I am LOVIN my craigslist oven). But really the problem was that I am not very good at cooking the bird. So I did a BUNCH of research and found a recipe for brining and cooking a turkey. I found one that had over 2000 comments and I couldn't find a single one that was a bad review. It was a recipe by the awesome Alton Brown and you can find it here - check out the videos too. Trust me, follow his directions to the letter and you will not regret it. It was the best turkey. ever. for reals. We enjoyed it immensely on Christmas eve, despite all of us having a cold.

On to Christmas Day...

Santa came.
Cora was fascinated.
One for you, one for me.
A lunchbox? Why did you get me a lunchbox mom? "Because you are going to Kindergarten soon Maiya. "
oh yeah.
Hallmark Wizard of Oz ornaments from Kyle. They are really cool ones this year.
We're getting out of control
Cora's little baby doll from Grandma - (he's anatomically correct - cuz she's crazy like that)
That's my sister being dumb - I couldn't resist putting the picture up here.
Benjamin's hexbug - that thing is way neat-o, and its somewhere around here, we just can't find it at this exact moment. It really moves. Kyle says if it was lost while turned on it may be in California by now. We have two zhu zhu hamsters around here too. Unfortunately those are not lost. (thanks mom)


we have also been moving things with our mind. that will be another post.

5 comments:

Meredith said...

Amen to brined turkeys. Totally worth the extra work.

Ryann said...

I made Alton's brined turkey for Thanksgiving! Great minds think alike! Looks like you had a great Christmas!

Sarah said...

can i just say that you have the coolest mom ever, and i am so jealous :D

Nana to Oz said...

Turkey WAS the best ever, even as leftovers. It was great having Christmas with all of you! First time ever that was actually on Christmas Day!

Gary Church said...

Merry Christmas! That turkey looks yummy.