Tuesday, December 09, 2008

It was cold on Friday.

Cold enough that Amber Burdick and I talked briefly on the phone while I was on my way to make gingerbread houses in Ella's class. We discussed whether or not to go ahead with the photo session she had scheduled for her three children. I wanted to go on ahead with it despite the potential cold - it was a prompting I didn't quite understand, but will forever appreciate. We went on with the session and Dad was even able to come and it became a family portrait session.

Amber and her three children were in a car accident Sunday night at one of the worst intersections many of us have to go through on a regular basis. Her son Brett did not survive and her oldest Andrew is still in Children's hospital.
The heartache is palpable in our community right now.  I wish I was a more eloquent blogger at times like this. Just like I wish I had been the worlds best photographer this past Friday in Erwin park. 
I rest on my faith in situations that make me want to melt in sadness. I pray that Amber and Chris and anyone touched by Brett's sweet smile can do the same right now.
Please pray for them, and if you can help more, there are ways to assist specified in this article as well as one picture from a cold photo shoot this past Friday.

  

10 comments:

InWeighOverMyHead said...

There are no words. I am just crying. I am so happy that you had that photo shoot...

My name is Andrea said...

Amber came home last night and was able to see the pictures. She loved them and they brought smiles to her face. What a blessing to have those fun memories caught on film, and what an angel you are for being there and having the wisdom to act on small promptings...

Amanda said...

wow--what a prompting you had. What a gift you have given them.

ChellaJ [Rachelle] said...

In the midst of such a tragity they will be forever grateful that you listed to that small promting and gave them wonderful pictures to treasure always!

Abby said...

That just breaks my heart in two. I'm so proud of you for not ignoring the Spirit on that one. I have in the past and always regretted it (but not to this degree). My goodness that is so, so sad.

Hallie said...

Oh My Gosh! Thank goodness you followed that prompting. What a terrible thing to happen. My prayers are with the family and friends.

Jennifer said...

Those photos will be treasures. What a blessing that you got together for the shoot.

Send them my love too.

Practically Perfect In Every Way said...

my heart just broke in a hundred little pieces for that family, and you for your friend.

I am so so sorry for everyone. I can't stop the tears, they will be in my prayers.

there are no words. but there are pictures.

Melissa G. said...

You were exactly what they needed when they needed it. Way to be in instrument in God's hands! Hat's off to you. :)

The Moose said...

Every now and then I find myself looking at the pictures you took and thinking, "God, you really ARE all around us, aren't you!?!?"