Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Just a normal post

Thought the blog was a little too photography heavy. Thought I would just let people check in for a bit Kyle is working hard at keeping a schedule during this job search, He is quite amazing. He exercises most mornings, works on Internet searches, phone calls, and resume tweaking. We eat lunch then he finds pet projects that someone gives him to do - that someone being me ;)
mostly its been the website, but its also included hanging hooks - what do all you mom's do with the backpacks anyway?

Benjamin mortified us with some particularly bad behavior this weekend. So he has been truly grounded this week. Its been hard on him but he has been very sweet and humble about it too. I went to the bookstore to read up on discipline and the eight year old. The first title I picked up was "Handling your pre-teen" and I immediately thought this isn't for me, but as I was putting it back I saw the italicized portion under the title "for children 8-12" HOLY $&%&^%&^ do I have a pre-teen? can that be possible?
Benjamim frequently laments that he doesn't have any friends. It makes me sad, but the constructive criticism he needs to hear to correct that problem seems mean when I say it out loud. Being a mom IS the hardest job.

Ella is in that bossy "this is what we are going to play and this will be your role" stage. It causes frequent head-butting with her little friends and there is no right answer when you try to negotiate with them. Did I say mothering was hard yet?

Maiya is hysterically cute, but bad. I realized the other day that she NEVER helps pick up - I did not exaggerate. I can't get her to pick up one thing. But she is so dang cute about it. And if she happens to get scolded she cries like you literally crushed her heart. Amazing how she controls us with her emotions. I am going to start working on that.

Cora is adorable as ever. Sleeps like a charm. Laughs and coos all the time. Makes me want a dozen more kids. Crazy huh?

Side note to plug how wonderful TKD is (where the kids take TaeKwondo) - we emailed the dreaded email yesterday that we were going to have to get out of our contract because of Kyle's job loss. They called us at 8:30 to say they would like us to keep bringing the kids even if we can't pay right now. They want the kids to maintain as much normalcy at this time as possible. I didn't want to blog about them offering free services to us necessarily. But I did want to thank them publicly so you could know how awesome they are and if you are thinking about enrolling your kids in Martial Arts you will want it to be there!!!

4 comments:

My name is Andrea said...

When Maris was out of work, that was the best thing, keeping to a schedule. Another thing that helped us and ultimately changed our lives for the better permantently? We began attending the temple weekly while he was out of work. I would love to watch Cora and Maiya for you to do that, if you would like. I can't begin to tell you the blessings this decision has brought into our lives.

Also, eight years old is very very difficult. I pray for Aliza's self-esteem on a daily basis. She has general friends, but still talks about when she grows up and goes back to Utah where all her friends are. She gets along well with a few neighbor girls who are older than her, but very kind.

Sorry for the novel. I love you guys...

InWeighOverMyHead said...

W really understand what you are going through right now and hope it passes soon. In the mean time, what are you guys doing for Thanksgivng?

Abby said...

That is nice of them to let you pay later; I just hope they're not the kind who charge interest.

Amanda said...

Sounds like you guys are surviving pretty well:) I have hooks everywhere and I only have one kid with a backpack right now!. I love them for towels, jackets, bags, belts. I am a bit hook crazy.....I want more!

Love and logic is my fav. parenting book. They have one for Pre-school age too--Birth to age 6. Then the normal one is older ages. I hear ya....the hardest job!