Sunday, November 30, 2008

I am loving it

The photography thing is going well.
Thanks to all who have helped by letting me take your pictures or by spreading the word or both.
Things I have learned so far:

  • "post processing" is harder than I thought
  • Blondes are very hard to photograph
  • more BEAUTIFUL women have issues about how they look than I ever would have imagined.
  • I want more stuff!!!
    A part of me is proud of myself to know a lot more technical jargon than I ever did before, but part of me hates it because it just makes me want more gadgets.
    but I have to remember photography is not just about the gadgets.

  • Photographers that are willing to talk and teach are awesome - so many hide their talent info for fear of sharing "their secrets" its nice to meet people who will share info: one such person is this guy Walt I meet at the Hansen Fong seminar. He was very nice and if you need a photographer light years more qualified than I - check him out HERE

Oh, FYI - the website already needs major updating. - I have lots of great pics of great people to add to the gallery, I am just going to wait until after the Christmas card season to change all that up!
But these pictures will not go on the gallery. I love them but since I do not yet have any studio lighting it would be false advertising to put these on there, but I did take them and I do think they are pretty good! It was at a studio lighting workshop I went to a while back.


5 comments:

Sarah said...

wow-- you have really made me realize what an art photography is-- there is so much involved-- truly a "hobby"-- something to invest time and money into that you enjoy :D

glad to see you are so great at this, but your great at everything you do!

InWeighOverMyHead said...

I think you are GREAT!!!! I have been telling everyone about you! :) Thank you so much for taking our pics! Our BM has been asking for them everyday. It is going to be hard to hold her off so I can give one to her as a x-mas gift! lol

Neshamah said...

thanks for popping by my blog by the way. love yours! and keep going with the photography - you have a real eye for it - truely!

Brooke said...

We haven't met. . . I honestly don't know many people in the ward :) Happens when you spend your days in primary!

You are so sweet about my pictures. I guess I am my worst critic. I honestly have NO IDEA what I am doing, and get lucky! So when we get together it will be benefiting me more than anything! So YES let's get together!

Anonymous said...

Janie- Thanks for putting up with my family. It was cold, windy, and we are blonde! You did an amazing job and we will use you again!!!