Saturday, October 04, 2008

Early Birthday project for me!!!

Meg kept up with Craigslist and found this awesome picnic table for me!!
With my awesome negotiation skills (just kidding) Meg got it for $75 with two benches thrown in! - we only painted one bench
Gallon of paint later, I have one very awesome outside table that seats 12 - well not twelve butts our size, but I digress.
I see many things at my future table:
Cub Scout meetings (did I tell you Kyle is the new Wolf den leader)
Dinners outside
smores around the fire
Peeling shrimp, picking crabs, crawfish boil, yumm
card games
birthday parties
many, many memories to be made!
I love it!
Thanks Meg!!
before
same paint that we used on our fence, different color
bench converts to table
taking a break
after

8 comments:

Juli said...

I'm so jealous! What a great deal!

Sarah said...

wow-- its looks awesome!!! i am so jealous-- not that i would know what to do with it :D

My name is Andrea said...

Looks awesome! How fun to have those...and it is getting cool enough to sit out and enjoy it!

Anonymous said...

Awesome table, great gift, looks great!! Why did you only paint one bench? Just curious! Sounds like that table is in for some memorable adventures!

Ryann said...

THat looks awesome! WEll done!

Amanda said...

AWESOME!

I can't even fathom a project like that till I get some good sleep:)

Janie said...

we only painted one because the other has a pretty good crack in it, Kyle may be able to fix it, but I wasn't sure if I had enough paint so we put it in the garage for now.

Practically Perfect In Every Way said...

LOVE IT! the shape is way cool!