Friday, March 07, 2008

I am sorry...


I am on page 267 - they are in the meadow - I have to painfully admit I am just not that into it. Put it down two nights ago and realized I haven't picked it back up yet. Thoughts in my head about it: little too high schoolish, little too wholesome (something has to be kicked up a notch romance or horror), and unfortunately the pictures of the characters to play the movie are in my head and they are not nearly as gorgeous as they need to be - so I constantly don't know what mental image to have of these people. The only thing I can compare this book to is a monologue Kyle gave when we were dating about how Bram Stoker's Dracula is one of the best love stories of all time. So right now: Kyle's interpretation of Bram Stoker: 1 Twilight: 0

9 comments:

Jody said...

I bought it last summer and havn't picked it up yet. I have heard how it is the best book ever but I think these people don't read very much. It is funny that you talked about it today, my sister just called me and told me she bought it today for something to do while her husband is deployed.

Kleanteeth said...

I couldn't put these books down. The characters are always better in your head before you see a movie version. I add a "Moonlight" feel in my head while I read. Love that show.

Sarah said...

true, they are no Dracula, but please just read the next two chapters, and if you still don't like it then don't finish it, but you are where its getting good.

Abby said...

Moonlight is just a ripoff of Forever Knight. Pfftt.

Kleanteeth said...

What is Forever Knight? There's just something sex about Mick. Man, I love me a hot Aussie.

Gary Church said...

I'd have to agree ... it took me much longer than I had thought it would to get into the book ... I ended up LOVING it though. I thought the first half was REALLY slow.

Abby said...

Forever Knight was a TV show that aired during the 90s. Nick Knight is a detective and a vampire who works the late shift, but I think he can do the day with sunglasses on a limited basis if I recall. He hates being a vampire and tries to rescue the city from the other vampires around. He is in love with the medical examiner, who is the only human who knows he is a vampire. She is continually searching for a "cure" for him.

Sounds like Moonlight if you ask me.

Beth said...

Have you continued reading it? If so, what do you think? I have to say, I loved these books and had the hardest time putting them down to take care of my kids. I really hope you give them a chance and end up liking, if not loving, them!

Practically Perfect In Every Way said...

i hate bella, she is the worst part of the series to me.

however.... edward can have my neck if he would like!!