Friday, March 28, 2008

Frustrations...

I am ignoring Ami's cute post about not complaining...

  1. I personally think a bad, bad, bad sign in marriage is when the couple is no longer sleeping together. And no I don't mean that - I mean actually sleeping together. And I humph at almost all excuses people give: fussy babies, children that wont' sleep alone, snoring, temperature differences, insomnia, etc. I mean Kyle grinds his teeth louder than a saw mill and I wouldn't go anywhere. And I know I steal the covers relentlessly, then get hot and dump them all back on him, but he won't go anywhere either. The only exception to my rule is pain. Which for me rears its ugly head in pregnancy, usually about 2 weeks to a month after I stop puking. The doctors attribute my excruciating hip pain to "relaxin" a lovely hormone in pregnancy that loosens all of your ligaments. Here is how the American OB website describes it:
    "hormones released during pregnancy allow ligaments in the pelvic area to soften and the joints to become looser in preparation for the birthing process of your baby; this shift in joints and loosening of ligaments may affect the support your back normally experiences"
    All I know is if I lay in one position for more than thirty minutes I wake up in so much pain I can hardly bare it and I can hardly move or even get out of bed. My hips feel like a Zamboni has been running over me all night. I go through my five step process: whimper, cry, pull on Kyle or the side of the bed to move, stand in one spot for about a minute until I think I might be able to move, then I start my Parkinson's like shuffle while simultaneously crying and hoping I don't fall. So here I am with 18+ weeks to go facing sleeping in the recliner, until this little girl arrives. And I feel like throwing a temper tantrum!!!
  2. On to the second thing to complain about: Anal retentive Maiya. I was determined yesterday that she was going to poop in the toilet. We had no where to be and started the day with a tell tale red pushing face in the corner. Well 12 hours later (about six were spent in the bathroom) - She won. No poop. I withheld the diaper from nap time to try to force my hand. But she had to get one for bed. And she woke up this morning with a surprise for daddy. so frustrating...
  3. And I want to break up with myspace. I only started it so old friends could find me, yet I still find myself checking it too often. All that is there is old, weird friends that do approximately 10 of those dumb surveys a day. No one communicates with me there and yet they don't really venture over to my blog either. It seems like waste to even log on, yet I find myself doing it anyway. I find myself annoyed that I need to update some waste of internet, yet I don't like ignoring it either. Myspace accidentally erased my sister's page a year ago. I hope they accidentally get me next.

7 comments:

The A Team said...

that's okay. i've moved my bracelet about 5 times since noon yesterday. i can't seem to stop complaining...

about the bed thing, my poor husband gets kicked out of bed about 15 weeks into my pregnancy and is finally allowed back in 6 weeks after the baby's born. it's due to pain and sickness but still so unfair to this ever-patient man.

Kleanteeth said...

I agree that not sleeping together is a bad sign, but if you don't sleep when you're together and you do apart it seems that if you stayed together and were seriously cranky that would be worse than sleeping apart and actually sleeping. That's what afternoon sex is for anyways:)
Sorry about the hip pain. And the hold-a-poop winner. No advice on that one, but you need to find something cuz holding isn't good. Does she take fiber pills daily or something like that? Might give her a loose goose, but then she'd learn to run to the jon instead of hide from him.

Jill said...

At least the baby will come out and then you will have your bed with Kyle back. It'll pass sooner than you think!

As for the pooping, I have started to slip some miralax into Em's milk every morning. It is non-addictive and you give just so much to make the poop softer-and voila! You have a normal pooper! You can buy it over the counter now. When Em first got it, it was prescription and now you can just buy it. Start with half a teaspoon a day and see how that goes. Then if she needs more, slowly increase or decrease as you see fit. It has changed our lives over here!

And myspace...I have an account and since no one ever contacts me, I let it sit dormant. You can do it...just don't check it! I have found that lately I have been obsessed with fixing my blog up. Kind of fun although I have some big frustrations. My point there is that we need to get you a new obsession!!!

Janie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Janie said...

She has been on miralax since 18 months - she redefines anal retentive - I have to give her enough to cause diarrhea or she can still hold in in for days.

Ryann said...

OK, I am such a dork Janie. I was helping my friend Jill with her blog and didn't realize that I was still signed into her account. I hope you knew that the comment was from me!

My name is Andrea said...

Maris could sleep through a tornado. I can be up and down and he would never even know.

I love Maiya. I feel your pain with the pooping...have you tried bribing? That's what I finally did! :)

No mySpace here, I waste too much time reading blogs already.