Friday, February 02, 2007

Its working...

Benjamin has a major problem cleaning up - he has never been too big on it - but even when he tries he falters. We have had major break downs on both sides over this issue. As a mom I try to keep my cool but when I say "pick up your dirty clothes" four hundred times a week it leads me to the land of mental breakdown.
We are figuring out Benjamin is a visual learner - so my Mom gave me the idea to give him a picture of his room clean and tell him to make his room look like the picture. So I cleaned his room, took a picture, - blew it up and printed it with the title "MY CLEAN ROOM" and hung it on the wall. Skeptical I explained once again what he needs to do to his room everyday. The next morning I walk in and he is straightening the pillows on his bed and there were dirty clothes in the hamper. HALLELUJAH
Now there is a "OUR CLEAN BATHROOM" and "OUR CLEAN GAMEROOM" sign. Lets hope it keeps working.