Sunday, February 25, 2007

I remembered something

So we have been trying extra hard to get the kids to pay attention somewhat during church - or at the very least realize that the people are at the podium teaching us. We started giving treats for remembering specific things people said during their talks. Last night we went over it again with them and had an impromptu family home evening about prophets. We were having stake conference with a special broadcast from the first presidency - there were extra goodies on the line if they remembered something the Prophet said. Immediately after the service before we were even out of the pew Benjamin says "OK mom I remember one thing Gordon B. Hinkley said"
"Oh that's great what do you remember?"
"he said Good Morning my beloved Brothers and Sisters"
"that's it Benjamin?"
"Yep I remember for sure he said that"
"do you remember anything else?"
"NO, why?"
sigh...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I cracked up when I read this. It reminds me of my efforts to get you all to remember the talks as well. Then you heard someone tell the story of playing a game during fast meetings where you could close your eyes and try to guess who was bearing their testimonies. You and Meg were pretty good about guessing - much easier to do in LaPlace than in
Chickahominy!

You go, Benjamin!

Anonymous said...

I really laughed when I read this! Hey, you just said he had to remember something, and he did! Ha! Go, B!

Anonymous said...

Shoot, that's about as much or more than I remember and I'm the briber. Church meetings are way long, I feel ya Ben. Kristi