Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Hodge Podge

Mornings:
Good morning!! Lately I find this when I go into the girls room in the mornings. I thought I would nip Ella's escapades into the crib in the bud, she is a little rough on the thing climbing in, but Kyle said leave them alone and let them bond. And he was right every time if find Ella in the crib playing with Maiya its SO cute. Of course two hours later she is locking her out of the room but oh well.

Grumpy Bear:
Maiya has been so grumpy as of late. I hope its because she is not feeling well. If this is her new behavior in general I am in trouble. First off she wants me to hold her ALL the time. Not really to cuddle she just wants to be at eye level with me and in the middle of everything. She refuses to sit in the highchair, and if she does she won't eat anything. It goes beyond ignoring the food. She freaks out, throws it against the wall and does a horror movie impersonation if you try to bring the food to her mouth. Now she does want to eat what she finds in the pantry on her own. She brings things to everyone in the house does this grunt thing and expects said bag to be opened immediately! If its not cue major tantrum and the other newest behavior: hitting.

She is hitting everyone and everything. If you act hurt she will do this air kiss toward you and give you about three more seconds to do what she wants before she strikes again. Here is a picture of her hitting Ella two seconds after the sweet cute picture. Scolding her is a one way ticket to major breakdown. Which I know she needs - but it gets tiring so she gets away with it a lot more than she should. Oh no its happening, the third one is breaking me down!

Neighborhood kids:
So at first I viewed it as a positive that there are a lot of kids in the neighborhood. And deep down I know it probably is but I am getting a little tired of it. We have very uppity neighbors to our left and right with daughters Ella's age - that won't really let them play over here. Then there are boys Benjamin's age down the street and one street over that have no problems sending their kids over for hours at a time and I am a little too uppity to send my kids over to their house. So my afternoon consist of either six kids in my house or me walking the streets doing the awkward "do you mind if my kids play over at your house" thing, or my kids whining and fussing that I never let them play with their friends. UGGGHHH - It reminds me of the swing thing when the kids were smaller. At first I hated playgrounds that didn't have swings because the kids loved them so - but after HOURS probably days actually of swinging and owning a swing set ourselves I wished the kids had never laid eyes on one:)

Last but not least a late HAPPY MARDI GRAS - here is our homemade king cake!





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, she is precocious! Terrible 2s setting in early? lol