Wednesday, February 07, 2007

The Good then the Terrible

So my walking continues - I enjoy the company a lot and I have had more energy. But (there is always a but...) First the good - the itching is getting better!! yah! In fact Monday I barely itched at all. I was so excited I decided to do some extra walking on our off days - well I don't know if it was because of walking everyday and picking up the pace a little or what but I think I have shin splints in just my right shin. It hurt bad yesterday - but I didn't want to give in and not walk this morning so off I trudged and about 10 minutes into our walk I could feel the front of my lower leg start to tighten. I started stopping about every block and stretching but I kept going, repeating in my mind "no pain no gain". By the time I got home I was wishing for death.

I sat on the sofa and would you believe it got worse! It felt similar to labor pains concentrated in my shin. Thank my lucky stars Meg had the day off - I sent Ella to wake her (which is not an easy feat) and she lovingly took over - I loaded up on pain medicine and spent the rest of the morning moaning intermittently on the sofa. I will now read up on my new flavor of ailment and decide by tomorrow if I will be walking on Friday.


Did I do that?
Totally unrelated conundrum - I got zeke some new chewies they are like pig ears but in long strips - It would be an understatement to say he absolutely adores them! He waits at the counter like a child begging for candy. But holy cow they give him the WORST gas in the history of dogdom. He has always been heavy on the flatulent side but whoa these are bad. I don't have the heart to get rid of his treats. I am not buying more but until they are gone I need to buy more matches.

1 comment:

Kleanteeth said...

Dogdom? LOL. Just imagine what Zeke smells, his nose is 500x stronger than ours. Guess since dogs like that pooh/butt smell, he's probably in heaven. Make sure you stretch a lot before you walk, this might help your shins. Or maybe bike?