Thursday, January 27, 2011

still saving...

my science fair project


and blogging about it over here. or over yonder as my Me-maw would say.

and speaking of science fairs - I should tell you about the time I didn't do mine in 8th grade and I instead took flowers from a funeral that had been held at church (they said anyone was welcome to take some) and I staged my project.

Yep a staged science project with funeral flowers. all lies, the shame

and I got an A.

a few years later my sister did a kick butt project on hair conditioner - does it really make your hair stronger - she rigged up weights, washed her hair with different conditioners and shampoos for weeks and made her hair lift weights - literally!! to test the claims. I thought it WAS AWESOME

she got a B

life is not fair and I carry the guilt.....


love you Meg

3 comments:

Meg said...

well, ahem,I kinda deserved my B. lol. I didn't wash my hair with different conditioners for weeks like I should have. That was the plan and you did describe the set up well. I wish I had pictures of the weighing contraption.

BUT: I washed my hair multiple times the night before the project was due and cut a large portion of my hair from right behind my right ear. So I can safely say none of my results were accurate. But I will say the my hair was the strongest right after I washed with Suave. Mom was not so happy when she found out I was cutting chunks from my own head.

My teacher didn't like the idea though and gave me crap from the start... that is probably why I got a B, because I certainly didn't tell him that I tested everything in one night.... the night before it was all due.

So it looks like we are both excellent scam artists.

Janie said...

tsk, tsk... to us.

wonder where I was the night you were faking your results?

It did look awesome when you were done.

Cathy said...

This science fair project still rankles in my mind as well. Remember, I worked with all those teachers... he had come to me and was laughing about Meg's project - at which point I told him pretty quickly that I thought it was a pretty inventive project and was far better than the others which he knew as well as I knew were really done by the students' parents. I lobbied hard to stop compulsory participation in the science fairs. Can you tell I hate science fairs?