Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Well hello clearblue...we meet again.











here is a little story for you.

one morning (if 3:30 am counts as morning) I woke up with sudden onset insomnia for the fourth night in a row.

insomnia makes you think funny thoughts.

thoughts like 'what if I'm pregnant'

Then you start counting... and you realize that day four of insomnia coincides with day four of no period.

so in the wee hours of the morning you dig under the sink for the old dollar store pregnancy test. do the deed, squint for what feels like eternity at a dark line and a shadowy second line.

an almost non-existent line.

non existent line, but line nonetheless.

but that's not good enough.

so you wake up your husband and send him to walmart at 4 am. As he walks out you remind him to get a flashlight because you can't seem to find one around the house.

Then he returns and as you wait for the fancy clearblue easy to flash pregnant or not pregnant, you laugh at your husband who says he felt stupid buying a pack of pregnancy tests and a flashlight at 4 am.

He says the cashier probably thought he'd just try to 'look up there' with the flashlight if the test didn't work.

I said no he thinks you knocked up your mistress and you guys have to sneak into the woods to have her pee on a stick there and you'll need a flashlight.

then the flashing hourglass finally stops blinking.

and it says.....

BWAH HA HA HA....

just kidding ...

it said

Pregnant.

22 comments:

Abby said...

NO. WAY. Congratulations you guys!!!

Beth said...

Oh my goodness, Janie! Congrats! How are you feeling about the official results?

LaFish said...

OH MY Goodnes!! Congrats. About feel off my chair when I saw your title and read the news. With babies as cute as yours I knew Cora couldn't be the last:) How are you feeling? Do you need anything? Please let us know if we can help in any way.

Juli said...

Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is so awesome! I love the dialogue too!

Hallie said...

Holy Cow! Congratulations!

Lisa said...

congrats

My name is Andrea said...

Wow....I, like Leisl about fell over when I saw the test at the top!! Congratulations! Are you feeling OK? If I can help you with anything...let me know. I'm good at waiting at Dr's appts...!!!!

Meredith said...

You. are the best storyteller. Ever. Thanks for the laugh. It's been a tough day. : )

AnoelleB said...

You guys are SO hysterical, and awesome parents! Big congrats!

Amanda said...

that was so funny:) Great way to tell! CONGRATS! I hope you survive this pregnancy....how are you feeling?

Brianne said...

That is hilarious... not sure if I could coax my husband to do that for me. Congrats! Hope you're feeling ok... and the insomnia goes away!

Erin said...

Ha ha ha! That is too funny! Congratulations!

Chrystalee said...

Congrats! Let me know if there is anything I can do for you. : )

Gary Church said...

First of all, you never really did say what you needed the flashlight for. Sorta ambiguous if you ask me.

Second, I can't believe that you, Ms. Frugal, spent all that money on that ClearBlue test ... when the cheap ones are just as good. hehe.

Congratulations! So excited for your growing family. And ... excited to hear all about it from Maiya. :D

Nikki said...

Love it. Congrats!!!!!!!!

Cathy said...

Did anyone else notice that "Hello ClearBlue" immediately followed "We Got Away?" Just saying.. things that make you go hmmmmm..... LOL

Kleanteeth said...

Wow, congrats. I often think to myself what cashiers think when you go to the store and buy random items...I happened to have tampons, duct tape and almond roca i think. Kyle's a good man to go in the middle of the night, though. I would have had to go by myself.

The A Team said...

congrats!!

fyi...i have drugs. :D

Nana to Oz said...

Cathy -- I told them when they left to "behave" & not come home pregnant, little knowing as I said it that they already were!!! LOL I may think twice before allowing them so much free time in the future! (Just kidding -- anytime, you guys!! Glad to be able to do it!)

Melissa Jones said...

If your kids turn out half as well as their tremendously fabulous parents, by all means keep replenishing the earth with them!! (Not to mention that they all happen to be rediculously spunky cute.) So excited for you!!! :)

Jennifer said...

congrats!! Do you have a script for zofran yet? (Actually that didn't help me nearly as well on baby four as it did on baby three).

Jennifer said...

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!
yay, I'm so excited for you all! you are such a strong woman, you can do it, I know your pregnancy's are hard, but you will do great!

what is that feeling....?
pangs of jealousy?
maybe. but I can only confess them to you. ;)

congrats my friend!