Tuesday, January 19, 2010

imagination

all in the last few days Maiya has told us all about her stepmom, that she used to have before Dad got married. Her name was Sandy Garza.

Then sometimes her stepmom is named Landy, and she was really pretty and around "when I was a little kid" but 'I had no daddy'.

Then tonight she was scaring herself with pictures of a goatman and a chupacabra from this book, she'd flip to the page and scream, shut the book and then open it again, flip to the page, scream, shut the book ........

We looked together online at things about chupacabras to dispel the reality in her mind. That's when she started to tell me about:

"this reminds me of when I was a little kid and I lived in the forest all by myself....

and I had a big fridge.....

and sometimes I'd cook myself bacon....."

I couldn't hear the rest I was laughing too hard.

7 comments:

Erin said...

Oh, the imaginations of little girls! I love it!

Nana to Oz said...

I LOVE listening to her stories!! We need to figure out how to harness that imagination!!

Sarah said...

i love that kid :0)

Abby said...

I'd totally live in the woods if I had a fridge and bacon.

LaFish said...

Finally got both kids down for a nap and it was all I could do to not screech out with laughter while I was reading this. Maiya cracks me up!

Gary Church said...

That's nothing ... I should tell you the stories she tells me in preschool. Just kidding.

My brother used to tell his preschool teachers about how my dad would take him on military missions and they flew in fighter jets and rolled in the mud escaping the bad guys. I can only imagine the parent/teacher conference. :D

I love Maiya.

Wendi said...

hysterical! reminds me of the news report I say last night about a lady who tapes her husband talking in his sleep. She says very random funny things.

A funny little girl, indeed!!