Tuesday, January 12, 2010

We got away...

I love this man.
We got away for the whole weekend. THE WHOLE WEEKEND. That would be Friday morning to Sunday night.

It was wonderful.

We went to Beaumont to see one of our favorite comedians (Ron White) yeah, we know, if they gave comics ratings he'd be R, but he's funny. Funny is our weakness.

We lounged in the hot tub, slept in, enjoyed being away from the kids, but still talked about them all the time.

Late one night I said I miss the kids and Kyle said quietly "me too"
We found an authentic cajun restaurant, and I was in HEAVEN.
fried oysters, catfish, crawfish, stuffed shrimp, and gumbo (that was to die for!)
That picture is of Kyle enjoying some frog legs.
we passed this guy
can you guess who he is?

and we stopped at the jerky capital of the world.

Here's to doing that again in a couple of years :)

Love you, Babe.


3 comments:

Cathy said...

I lived in Texas long enough to recognize good ole Sam Houston! (aka Tater Salad) LOL

Abby said...

I LOVE RON WHITE. And Lewis Black.

Nana to Oz said...

Glad you had such a wonderful time!! And glad I had a part in making it possible. Sign me up for next time!