Monday, October 05, 2009

things we got done this weekend:

We fixed the car!!!!!!
We did it for $207 (all used parts from the salvage yard: hood, support beam, and front light enclosure) - How often can you save $1693.00 by doing it yourself? Its not the prettiest and yes the hood is not white - but that is a-ok with us - its street legal. We used the rest we had budgeted to put two new very needed tires on the van.








we also changed the oil while we were working on it.
Maiya spent some time cuddling with mom....
and dad:
Ella gave me and her a pedicure with silly putty.

And Cora spent some time on the phone.



AND,


AND,

this morning with teddy bear in hand she took two steps!!!!!
She has since refused to repeat the feat but I saw it - two whole steps.


9 comments:

Meredith said...

Kudos to you guys!

Abby said...

Well done on all fronts!

Ryann said...

I am so impressed that you fixed that car yourself. I don't think Terry would know how. Well done!

And hooray-a walker!

Beth said...

Way to go fixing the car up yourself - that is awesome!

Cora on the phone is too cute!

Nana to Oz said...

congrats on the car repairs!! I LOVE that video of Cora! She and Benjamin are like 2 peas in a pod there, look so much alike! Can't believe she actually walked!

Gary Church said...

I can't believe that he fixed that car by himself. Wow.

Janie said...

not by himself - I helped :)

Tony said...

The two-tone feature ain't too shabby... all "Jose'" would have needed is a horn that blared "La Cucaracha"! ;)

But seriously... nice work. You're certainly a better Mr. and Mrs. Fix-It than I would be.

The Moose said...

I don't know your kids very well at ALL but I just learned VOLUMES about how sweet they are by watching this video!