Monday, June 08, 2009

frowny face

The air conditioner came on this weekend. Kyle was sweating from installing a swing upstairs for Cora - got the swing from the give and get. I love the Give and Get - can't beat free!
Glad I stole the swing idea from Janette - Seriously a swing is better than a bucket of toys.

Anyway I don't think the air conditioner will be turned off anytime soon. The night time temp needs to get in the 60's for the house to stay cool enough all day. I loved sleeping with the windows open. It created a dependence on nature - Every little breeze was a nice gift. I was more comfortable with the windows open than with air conditioner. With the air conditioner I know it will be at least 77 - with the windows open sometimes it got down to 62 - loved that

I went to bed last night consumed by thoughts of the two reporters in North Korea sentenced to 12 years in a Labor Camp. I hope there is a better headline about them when I click on Fox News after this.

I am also feeling the need to revamp - I want to paint, frame new pictures and shake up my photography site. When I'll get around to any of those we'll see.

we slept with our garage door open.



nice.

3 comments:

Juli said...

Those were for you actually! They are too small. Beck is in a size 6 now. Either way though!

Amanda said...

man.....I am such a scaredy cat! I can't sleep with a window open even upstairs windows.....much less downstairs.....and the garage NO WAY....I would imagine us waking up to everything stolen. And does your garage being open actually help cool your house a lot????

And we need a picture of your playroom now with 2 swings??!!

That that 12 year sentence is crazy.....I feel so horrible for them...That's why I say never travel outside of America..LOL..okay that's just my personal motto since I have traveling fears anyway.

Janie said...

no it was a total accident that the garage door was left open - the kids didn't shut it after riding their bikes. I do wonder if anyone was tempted to help themselves to Kyle's tools. But they didn't.

I don't like everything being closed - it makes me claustaphobic - I am much more afraid of fires than people. Not that you can't open a window in case of a fire but I just feel shut in. I like a window cracked even in winter.

And there will be a picture of the swings when I can get it cleaned up there LOL