Saturday, August 30, 2008

When you have a good day...

You should say you had a good day.
It makes the hard ones seem not so bad.
I can't say how much I love this baby (all my babies actually). You know why? Because they haven't invented the words.
Other reasons it was a good day:
Kyle did an awesome art project with Ella (pictures at a later date) and he hung my FHE Board, and he set up the crib !!
Benjamin and I decoupaged his new nightstand. I am jealous, if it was age appropriate I'd do mine too. Final pictures also to follow at a later date.

The girls played with each other for a long time without fighting. I say that truly does make them super heroes!
PS. My angelic baby has the worst case of baby acne I have ever seen. Any ideas/suggestions? My best friend Ingrid
may be on her way here outrunning Gustav - I can't let her meet my baby for the first time with a face full of blemishes!

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

I LOVE the 1st photo. You look so pretty and so content with your baby.
And you're right - we gotta do better and pointing out the good days.

Bethanne said...

I LOVED this post. It is so important to dwell on the positive and definitely appreciate when times are GOOD and appear somewhat EASY.

Pictures are as cute as always... :)

Kleanteeth said...

My kids had baby acne too. It was worst at about 1 month, but they grew out of it within a month. It just goes away. I had one lady look at Mei and since she wasn't looking beautiful she couldn't think of a good compliment so instead of saying nothing she said "My, she has wide shoulders." What do you do with that?

Janie said...

so funny Kristi - I expect similar compliments because I have to say bumps all over her face is not the cutest - I mean I think she is still adorable but its a bummer!
You think the lady could have done the typical southern response "Oh bless her little heart!" or something, but wide shoulders?? LOL

Janie said...

Oh and BTW Jennifer - I LOVE that photo too, because it captures how content I feel, and thanks for saying I'm pretty!! that always makes a girl smile! You looked beautiful in your family photos!!!