Sunday, August 24, 2008

Random thoughts, two hands, and a couple of minutes


I do still blog, its just in my head nowadays. I don't usually have the time and two hands available. Let see...Cora is a wonderful baby. So good that I think I am getting more sleep than most of my friends with little ones. She is so good in fact that the hardest part is she lets me get to really deep sleep right before she needs me. So many nights, in fact every night I do a round of Sudoku in my book upstairs to make sure she is fast asleep after nursing so I don't' doze off when she needs me. I feel quite silly playing sudoku when I should be sleeping myself but I swear its easier than waking myself back up. If I had a laptop I'd probably blog! More random thoughts about Cora: She has stork bites on the back of her neck just like the other kiddos, just took me longer to really notice that its a pretty big area. I know that they will fade (just like the one Ella had on her eyelid) and now I find myself staring at it - Another area of newborn-ness that will go away with time. She also gets sucking blisters - its a little bubble on her top lip that comes and goes day by day. The doctor labeled her perfectly when he called her an aggressive nurser! If I was really on top of things I'd have pictures of these things to include in the post. The kids are so amazing with her and helping me that I can honestly say I am a little sad to see school starting. Who will separate clothes into whites and darks when I throw them down the stairs? Who will hold Cora when I just want to eat my lunch? Who will pour Maiya some cereal when I can't get out of bed until 9:00? Who will bug me non-stop while I am nursing Cora, and sitting on the toilet? Man I'll miss those two older kids!!! Speaking of the two. Benjamin has met his Bobcat requirements for scouts. And I am getting myself ready for my new calling as Assistant Wolf leader!! Woo-hoo cool yellow shirt and all! Last story... Tonight I came down telling Kyle that I found a hole in Cora's brand new pajamas. And we get interrupted by a tearful Ella - "hey guys I have to say something... breaks into full sobs... I cut off the tags and I made that hole... barely able to speak now... I am SO SO SORRY - full snotty crying.. at this point... WILL YOU FORGIVE ME? " How sweet -- she is such a good kid. Moved to confession when I would have never known it was her!

5 comments:

Sarah said...

Ella is such a great kid, and she reminds me of you so much-- literally a mini janie :D maybe that's why she and claire are sisters :D

Abby said...

"Who will bug me non-stop while I am nursing Cora, and sitting on the toilet?"

What, at the same time?

Janie said...

you mean all moms dont' nurse on the toilet - that is multi-tasking at its best! I should hire out proof-reading...

Jennifer said...

I too am a Sudoku addict. I hate to admit that I did AT LEAST 400 puzzles while I was so nauseous pregnant last summer. I have since moved on to Killer Sudoku or Sumdoku. There's the element of addition to the madness. Another teaser to my tired mind. I stopped buying the books at the grocery check out (because they became too easy or I would finish the one for the month before the next issue). I now print them from this website: www.killersudokuonline.com Then I put them on a clipboard. You can find them on my nursing table with a few sharpened pencils with erasers.

Beth said...

Oh, Ella is so sweet! You have some great kids, Janie!