Thursday, June 05, 2008

What me quirky?


Ok, here goes...
1. I have to eat in equal proportions. I generally eat a little bit of everything on my plate in combined bites. Therefore I have to have equal portions of all. But even if I am not combining flavors the rule still applies. Nothing unnerves me like too much ketchup vs. too little fries. Sometimes I even have to add food to make the portions equal. Probably why I am a big girl!


2. I HATE SOFT CUSHY TOILET PAPER! I HATE TWO PLY EVEN MORE! I am a plain Scott's girl. One-ply, slightly scratchy. And I have been told I use way too much of it. Roughly two full arm's length per wipe, scrunched up nicely! I also like line dried, no fabric softener, rough scratchy towels. Blotting with something as soft as a cotton ball just doesn't make me feel fresh!


3. I take really, really hot baths. So hot that I have never been in a hot tub as hot as the baths I take. So hot I almost scream getting in, but I love it! Pregnancy is rough on me because I have to cut back on the temp of the bathwater. Once in the boiling bath I stay for way too long, I continually add hot water. I get out red and have to sit with a towel wrapped around me to recuperate before dressing. My girls have all gradually joined me - and they love the hot too! Maiya tells Kyle whenever he runs her bath - "Me take a bath ok, hot ok!"


4. I buy/read/subscribe to too many magazines. Some I don't even really like but they are cheap subscriptions. I have to read when on the "throne" - and I HAVE to read while in my extremely hot baths. I average an entire magazine per bath - which since I bathe almost every night means there are a lot of magazines in my house. Shortly after moving here I asked the neighbor if she wanted my old magazines she said she would love them. I don't think she understood the magnitude of what she was agreeing to. The first load I brought her was roughly 45 magazines. So if you are a fan of any particular publication just let me know I'll pass them on! I got this habit from my dear mom.

5. I love sleep - not quite as much as my sister, but way too much. Well I should clarify, I am technically a night owl prone to bouts of insomnia. But I love to sleep in! My mother thought I would outgrow this, but so far no. I could sleep till 1 in the afternoon any day! No matter how early or late I went to bed. I have been known to go to bed at 8 and still sleep into the afternoon the next day. And I can sleep anywhere, planes, cars, buses, church, you name it. Oh and I can wake up at 1 and take a nap around 4. Kyle and I have a mutual understanding I nag less about his video game addiction and he ignores my naps. Although with children I have cut back immensely!

6. I have a temper on the road. We had a church sticker on the van that I made Kyle take off - I flip off too many people to advertise I am a church member. I never hesitate to honk. If I can, I pull up, roll down the window and speak my mind (well yell my mind) I have followed people to their parking spaces to point out what an idiot they are. Kyle is convinced I will be killed by someone in a road rage incident. Which reversely - Kyle attracts way more idiots on the road than me and he refuses to so much as honk. You can frequently see us in the car me stretched over him trying to honk the horn and him restraining me. He prefers to just "ignore" them and be ticked off the rest of the trip. I honk and get it out of my system.


7. Feet issues. This is a two part. I can't have my feet on the floor in any scary scenes - whether at home or in the theater. This could be from my family torturing me with the jaws theme as a child. But no matter what when the slow eerie instrumental music starts my feet are on the ottoman or the person's chair in front of me.
When sitting on the sofa with someone I tend tuck my feet under their butt and slightly wiggle my toes. Its completely subconscious and I have no idea why I do it, I just do . Kyle ignores it, it drives Meg crazy and my kids haven't said anything yet. So if we are really good friends and you are sitting at my house when you feel a strange sensation under your bum - don't worry its just me.

7 comments:

Hallie said...

LOL...You make me laugh. I miss being around your quirkiness. I wouldn't change you for anything in the world.

Kleanteeth said...

If those are quirks then I guess I'm quirky, although I think it's relative. Funny about the food. I'm a quirky opposite I guess. It doesn't matter how many dishes are on my plate, but I start with one thing and completely finish it before eating the next and they don't have to be proportionate, but I have to eat a salty food last.
I dig my feet under Ben all the time. He doesn't seem to notice.
But about the road rage, there's probably a 12 step program you need to attend.

Amanda said...

Your quirks are very entertaining!!!!!

kira lee said...

wow....amen to all of these!!! especially the toilet paper and the road rage!

The A Team said...

you're too much fun!!! the feet on the floor thing is great.

My name is Andrea said...

hey, you've been a busy blogger with all these posts...I hadn't checked since wed.

Darling graduation pics and you are getting awesome with that slr...great grandma pics!!

Love your quirks. I can't post mine, yet. I can't think of 7.
I know I've got 'em, cuz I'm definitely wierd.

Sarah said...

your toes are welcome under my bum anytime :D