Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Poop bubbles...

Let me explain- Maiya's first and only reward thus far for pooping in the toilet was a new bottle of bubbles at the store. She can't really let go of the fact that she should get new bubbles every time she poops. Today after properly defecating in the appropriate portal. She stood up and literally started dancing, while at the same time chanting "Yay, yay - Poop bubbles for me " repeatedly. It cracked me up. It sounded like something one would say if they were trying to replace cuss words - "RRRRRRRRRR.... Poop Bubbles!"
So here is one reason I have been trying to find words to replace cuss words this week-
Our Freezer broke! We bought our illustrious freezer on sale from Home Depot to the tune of 136 bucks about 18 months ago. It has been wonderful. I found out quickly after moving into this house the down side of a side-by-side fridge = The Freezer doesn't hold CRAP! It won't hold a single frozen pizza - not well anyway and it most certainly will not hold enough food for a household of seven. So now that the magic has left the lovely Magic Chef we face a decision that breaks down like this:

  • Why call a repairman for an appliance that new was only 136.00
  • So I call the city for special pickup - where I am informed I need it "tagged" by a repairman certifying the coolant has been emptied.
  • List of prices: $70.00 service call to see what the problem with it is OR:
    Tagging fee: $150.00 - yes folks you got that right it will be more expensive to dispose of this freezer than it was to buy it!
  • POOP BUBBLES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Onto better news:
My gorgeous, beautiful camera arrived! I took about 200 pictures with it in the span of 90 minutes and I have now hid it from myself because I have a to-do list a mile long and I could just sit and kiss the thing, oh and take more pictures with it. Here are few from my first minutes with it:

Close up shot
Practicing Depth of field
The cool thing about this shot is Meg is spinning the wheel as fast as she can - the shutter speed was 1/1000 of a second.
Another close-up

More depth of field practice

and more depth of field stuff

Kisses

Zeke matches the background

Black and White
Oh and I ordered Photoshop Elements today and have two more classes arranged before the baby comes! One for photoshop and one for Studio and Portraiture. Just an FYI Photoshop Elements 6.0 is on sale at Amazon for $52.00

6 comments:

Gary Church said...

POOP BUBBLES!! Isn't there someone in our ward who repairs appliances or something? Geez. What a joke. I had no idea.

ChellaJ [Rachelle] said...

I am totally using poop bubbles, instead of cuss words. I mean I don't cuss, but if I did...I would use it. Ok...then. I hope your freezer just magically comes back from the dead.

I would love to know what photography classes you are taking. Are they online? I just got a new camera and trying to figure it all out.

Hallie said...

LOL I love it. Poop bubbles is a perfect cuss word. I can't believe that freezer costs more to dispose of than it cost to buy. That's crazy.

Amanda said...

okay ----that is so upsetting to hear about the freezer!!!!!!! I can't BELIEVE it at all!!!!!!!

Ryann said...

I can't believe that it costs more to get rid of that freezer than to buy another one! Poop bubbles! Maybe you can find a loophole somehow?

And those photos look awesome-happy playing!

My name is Andrea said...

love the photos....still jealous of the camera!!

hate appliances...

at least you have something fun to play with while you lament the freezer. ps i agree, side by sides stink....i love having an extra freezer!