Saturday, May 24, 2008

Benjamin's wonderful Day!

I am almost done with the pomp and circumstance of my son's baptism. I wanted to rush and get these up so that Grandma and Aunt Beth can share the day with us from a far! It was a great day! Benjamin had a good grasp on everything, and beamed when he sat next to me after his confirmation, as he whispered: "Mom I got baptized and I got the Holy Ghost" Nana said a very lovely closing prayer. Many special memories were written on my heart. We had a great time at the house afterwards with our friends and all the kids got a chuckle out of Benjamin's slideshow. Oh and I was under too much stress, so I made many mistakes with my camera - for the next big event I need to stay in auto mode!
















4 comments:

Jennifer said...

What a wonderful milestone to celebrate. Congrats! I love the "8" cake. Very cute.

Ryann said...

I can't believe he is already 8! Time goes by so quickly.

Bethanne said...

Great pictures! And what a fun day...can't believe he is already 8 and getting baptized. I would've sobbed like a baby. Did you manage to hold it together?

Nana to Oz said...

Benjamin -- Gram & I were so happy to be able to be there for your baptism! And I was especially honored to be a part of the service -- I was nervous so I hope I didn't embarass anyone! That day is a special memory that I will hold in my heart forever! I love you!