Monday, December 31, 2007

Happy New Year!!!!!

Christmas pictures are up at Flickr!!!
Christmas was good and wonderfully hectic - Everybody has left to go home, boo-hoo - I think Grandma and Aunt Beth will be glad to be home, they did a lot for me while they were here. Friday night as if morning sickness wasn't enough fun I got a killer migraine which aggravated everything - I threw up non stop during the night and despite pills and medicine in other unpleasant avenues I ended up on IV fluids in the hospital on Saturday. Of all the hospital visits for morning sickness, well I should correct myself - I have the official diagnosis of Hyperemesis Gravidarium - this was a nice hospital, and very nice nurses until two of them asked if this was my first baby and I said no my fourth - and they literally looked at me like I was a retarded alien like some combination of sympathy and revulsion. One even said "you know this gets worse every time" - "yes I know but the babies just get cuter and cuter!!" Today we saw the doctor and she didn't really know what to say - I only lost two more pounds, which she was very happy about - I just rolled my eyes. So she kind of just scratched her head about the pump - I said if it will get rid of the nausea I want it. but since there is no guarantee I'll just go back to my couch at home. Then she said in a gratingly nice way - I don't think anything will take your nausea away. Insert my fair lady voice here: loverly. OK this has been enough typing, the couch is calling. The best news today was we got to see our little gummy bear... introducing the first glimpse at Baby O

9 comments:

My name is Andrea said...

Oh! Another cute one!

Kleanteeth said...

Cute pictures. I think Tony's pants take the cake, though. Looks like Santa definitely hit your house. Sorry you're a barfomatic. Hope the gummy worm is grateful:)

Hallie said...

What a rotten day. Buy yay on the pictures! I'm so excited for you!

Sarah said...

I love the first ultrasound!!! It makes you realize there really is someone in there.

It looks like the kids had a great christmas.

Anonymous said...

From "Peanut" Maiya to "Gummy Bear" ??? -- how cute! Love the picture -- it will go up on my board in the office along with the ones of B, E, & M. Looks like Christmas was a blast -- sorry you are still so sick, Janie! Feel better soon! Love ya'll!

Anonymous said...

I just have to say that I think what your doing is so admirable. Knowing that with your pregnancies you get so sick, and still having babies is just so selfless and just awesome! You must be such a great mom to sacrifice 9 months of feeling good for that one precious life. Keep up the super attitude!! God will bless you greatly!

Jennifer said...

Hi. My name is Jennifer. I decided to blog surf because my family's blogs are outdated. You were on Andrea's friend list. I don't actually know Andrea either, but she knows my cousin & a friend of mine that moved to Texas last year.

Anyway, I had instant compassion for you because I've had horrible morning sickness myself. I've never needed an IV and usually only lost 5-10 lbs. Zofran seemed to help with baby 3, but I was still totally nauseated on the Zofran this time. (AND it is Super expensive!!!) It did keep me from dehydrating and losing weight, but it didn't help me feel any better. I just know how impossible it is to feel that horrible (for a good cause) and in the meantime feel horrible for not being able to take care of the rest of your family.

I hope they find something to help you. I know I'm crazy, but I also agree that my babies are just too cute not to have them.

Best wishes & congrats on your sweet gummy bear :)

Practically Perfect In Every Way said...

hi there, i was feeling like crap today and took a stab that you were too. just wanted to drop you a note that i was thinking about you.

will i ever get a picture? that's like weeks and weeks away!

Kleanteeth said...

So how's the nausea? You must still feel bad, you haven't blogged in a while. Shouldn't be too much longer and you'll start feeling better.