Friday, February 17, 2006

All by himself


For those of you who know me well, this whole "teeth falling out" thing has been one of the most dreaded areas of motherhood that I must travel through. Teeth in general gross me out - I think any form of dentistry would be in in the top tens jobs I could never have. So I wasn't happy when Benjamin decided to start working fervently on his tooth at 1 this afternoon - hours before Kyle would get home. In fact as we were walking in walmart I had to beg him to leave it alone - I thought he was going to pull it out right there. He then proceeded to explain to Ella how "wiggly" it had become and that he could get his tongue almost all the way under it. FULL BODY SHIVERS for me!! Then as I am unloading the groceries into the fridge - I hear cheers of joy and I was like a kid afraid to turn around and look. And sure enough there he was bloody grin and all - He looked like he had gone a few rounds with Mike Tyson. So three down - how many more to go???? More than I would prefer to count!
Now onto Maiya's teeth, it appears that she is trying to work on all four front top teeth simultaneously, either that or her "canines" are going to come before her front teeth - is that normal?. None have broken through yet but all are so close her gums are almost transparent. Is this some cruel joke - that I have to face the whole gamut of teeth issues at the same time.

2 comments:

Kleanteeth said...

Of all the things to gross you out. I always thought teeth are some of the eaiser things that moms deal with. They come and go all on their own. Shawn got all 4 top teeth in the same week, so I think it's normal.

Anonymous said...

Just so you know, her Uncle Aaron got both canines before the front teeth came in. Looked like a mini vampire for a while!! He also got his bottom teeth first, so maybe Maiya has inherited his "tooth genes"! As for Ben and lost teeth in general -- yuck! I too could never be a dentist or dental assistant! Mouth care is the one thing -- and probably only thing -- that grosses me out as far as being a nurse is concerned. Not much else bothers me. But Ben looks so cute!!