Wednesday, April 13, 2011

on the radio...

(my little chunk-a-lunk in there)

Pam called this morning and wanted to know if I would be recorded for the birth center's upcoming radio ads. She said my thank you note was wonderful and she couldn't think of a better endorsement.

I couldn't remember what I wrote so she emailed it to me:

Dear Pam,
Thank you for the role you played in one of the most amazing experences of my life! I will always cherish my natural childbirth accomplishment. It felt like the pinnacle of womanhood and a wonderful way to begin the mothering of my new son. I don't think it was an event I could have done in a hospital environment. I know your efforts are great, and the rewards not lucrative so please remember you will have this mother's grateful heart forever.

-Janie

I still feel exactly the same and I so highly recommend chosing Pam as your midwife. The birth center - House of Birth is in Sherman - a little drive but not too bad.
She was FABULOUS (and about 2 grand cheaper than Allen Birthing Center - another great place to birth naturally as well.)

I hope the natural, out of hospital birthing movement grows and grows and grows and maybe the c-section rate will go down, down, down...

3 comments:

Brooke said...

I just found out the birthing center in allen changed ownership. One of the previous midwives there split and started her own center in McKinney. Just thought I would throw that out there :)

Bella Births
http://www.bellabirths.com/page/page/2019246.htm


ps. So with you on this one!

Janie said...

I saw her new place - she's just down the street from me - is she just attending homebirths though?? it just looks like an office, not a birth center.
Very, very cool - so glad women have choices here - breaks my heart the women in states where they don't get choices!

Brooke said...

Pretty sure it's a birth center. I may be wrong. It sounded like from what the other midwives were telling me it was a center.