Thursday, September 17, 2009

I was going to blog but I was too stressed.


First I was going to tell you all about how I drastically changed my mind and enrolled Maiya in Janette's awesome preschool two days a week. After three weeks of trying to teach Maiya three measly letters and her staring at me like I was crazy I thought she would love to try a little preschool. And since Janette I and I see eye to eye on politics she can move onto teaching Maiya social studies when they are done with the alphabet (just kiddin)

But anyway, before I could get the pictures of her waddling into preschool the first day with her giant backpack we got our complimentary copy of the lab work from Kyle's term life insurance application. There were 10 results to be exact that were out of whack - six really out of whack - so I went into super stressed mode.

The rest of the week has been a blur. I have looked up every known possible medical cause of those results taking only a short break to make an appointment for Kyle with the doctor.

I went with Kyle to the doctor to make sure I could substantiate my psychosis with actual facts. The doctor unfortunately was very determined to be cool and nonchalant. He thought they had really poor lab practices because some of the values aren't even possible. So he did what doctors do, reordered the tests and sent us home to wait................................................

waiting sucks.


Then if our stress was a balloon it blew up to the size of a hot air balloon when we both left the doctor's office in separate cars and headed home to lead scouts. I was home thirty minutes before scouts started. Kyle didn't get home until I was 45 minutes into the Scout meeting. Ever tried to lead 6 very hyperactive boys when you planned on having your husband help and then you are suddenly solo ?? And you are wondering where on earth your HUSBAND IS??????????

thank goodness for one very cool Dad who stayed to help

Kyle finally walked in and I breathed a sigh of relief until he showed me the accident report.

Some idiot decided to come to a sudden and complete stop on the the on ramp to the interstate at the same time Kyle was looking over to merge into traffic.

CRAP

Rear end collisions are always your fault they say. But this guy was a complete idiot and on top of that didn't speak of word of English - so needless to say the exchange of information dance was difficult as well as Kyle's attempts to tell him that coming to a sudden stop on the interstate for no apparent reason is STUPID!!
Kyle contemplated killing him with his bare hands - but that would probably have caused more trouble than an accident citation.

We only have liability insurance on our car.

Our car that we paid only $2400 for.

The car that yesterday made my said balloon of stress pop when the body shop estimated $1900 to fix it.

so maybe I'll blog when I stop crying, or when they FINALLY call with lab results, or when I upload pics of cute Maiya and our busted up car, or maybe I'll blog a lot more because soon we'll be a one car family again.

You see this goal to never use credit again, is not an easy goal. But I am determined.

Depressed, but also determined.

6 comments:

Amber Hooten said...

Oh my Janie! What a stressful week. You will get through it though! I am glad that you sent Maiya to Janette's. I wish I was there so Elyse could go. I hope that everything goes better for you!

Beth said...

Oh, Janie... my thoughts and prayers are with you! Problems always seem to heap up, but you are a strong woman and I know you'll get through it!

Jennifer said...

too much all at once. so sorry for all the crazy. hope kyle is okay.

Lisa said...

I am here to help with running around if you need me!

Gary Church said...

Dude. That's too much all at one time ... like y'all were in a cake walk to begin with. Ugh.

Thankfully it was only the car the was hurt ... and not Kyle. Thankfully you didn't have to use said life insurance that hasn't been approved yet. Hang in there!!

xoxo.

Nana to Oz said...

I'll be there soon and will help out where I can!! For me, it won't be soon enough, but this is a lesson in patience for me. You will get through this one too -- you are never more awesome than in a crisis!! Love you!