Thursday, January 11, 2007

Rough Day


Strike one: Benjamin came home yesterday with his feelings hurt. His little buddy TJ wouldn't sit with him on the bus because he has a "new" friend. Then the kid that did sit with him got up and sat with someone halfway through the trip. He was so sad. I felt so bad - It wasn't something I could kiss and make better.
Strike two: There was a not so stellar report card in his backpack.
Strike three: I went to play something on my CD player and discovered it was not working. With a little investigating I found out Benjamin was using his hands to skip to the next CD and not the button. I was so mad - because I had told him not to do that twice. He of course got in trouble and through his tears says. "I have had a really rough day mom" Amen to that little man.
Maiya lightened the air with a little artwork:




3 comments:

Kleanteeth said...

It's tough to be a kid and tougher to be a parent watching your kids because we have no control over anybody else's kids. I feel ya.

Anonymous said...

Poor Benjamin. It is hard to remember we had days like that at 6. Chocolate works for me.

Anonymous said...

Aunt B can bring the chocolate and I'll bring marshmallows and graham crackers and we'll all eat s'mores!! If it makes Ben feel any better (which I doubt) you can tell him Nana has had a rough day that has lasted for 2 weeks now!! :) :)