Sunday, April 09, 2006

Fight

CHEESE!!
We're loving the Easter baskets Aunt Beth!!
My cool new suit from Grandma!!

Long time no blog...
The girls and I are back from being with my mom during her kidney-stone surgery. A BIG thanks to Ryann and Kristi for helping with the kids!! Everything went real smoothly -- I think even Mom would agree. She seems to be heading for a full recovery; let's just hope those little boogers don't show up again!!
Benjamin really missed us - but I think he missed Maiya the most - she has been getting round the clock kisses and attention from him!
Now Ella on the other hand; they were thrilled to be back together -- but it didn't last too long -- they were sent to naptime today for a big fight that prematurely woke Maiya from her nap. What they forgot was that Kyle and I were still listening to them through the baby monitor:

Benjamin: Its all your fault
Ella: nuh-uh
Benjamin: I don't like you
Ella: I hate you
Benjamin: I'll hate you more days
Ella: I hate you all the days
Benjamin: I'm older than you
Ella: so - I'm big
Benjamin: no, Mommy says your tiny
Ella: Well Maiya grows faster than you and she's a baby, cuz your only 5 and she's almost 10 already (months/years what's the difference?)
Benjamin: I don't care
Ella: (at the top of her lungs) PEE-PEE HEAD!!
Benjamin: STUPID GIRL
Ella: OHHHHHHHHHHHH, you are in big trouble -- we aren't supposed to call people stupid only things stupid.

It was one of those parenting moments, when you know you need to go stop it, but it was quite entertaining listening to them!

2 comments:

Ryann said...

We already miss you guys! It was such a blast having you here. You are welcome anytime!

Anonymous said...

The "fight" was hilarious! I can just picture them.

Glad to hear Cathy's surgery went well -- we wish her speedy recovery & no "repeats"!!

Love you all!