Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Routines are funny

So Ella is doing much better but still has a runny nose and you are not allowed to bring your kid to preschool with "nasal discharge" so we are in week two of no preschool. Surprisingly even though we hadn't been doing it for long, not going makes me feel like my whole schedule is off kilter. I keep feeling like I am forgetting something or should be somewhere; its weird. Although, it is nice to have my morning buddy again, even if she is a little snotty.
This morning to keep ourselves busy we watched the "baby" shows like we used to do. Now for those of you who don't know the ins and outs of Ella she is determined she is going to be a doctor (a doctor that pulls the babies out to be specific). And anything that is in the medical field will be perfect for her with her fascination with the body and all its functions. She is addicted to the baby shows which is any show involving birthing either "baby story" on TLC or anything on Discovery Health, and she will choose these shows over any cartoons. And she doesn't just watch she studies. Today we started watching mid show and I wasn't sure if the lady was having twins or not. So I asked Ella and she says very seriously "I don't know yet I am watching her belly to see how much down it goes and then I will know" and as soon as the baby was born Ella says "yes there will be another baby" and before Ella finished her statement the doctor told the nurses to get ready for number two. Forget preschool she should start studying for her MCAT's now.

Now other updates;
Benjamin is writing his numbers really well now and counting into the 110's - In fact the other night he said he was going to show me something amazing and he wrote 111. "Isn't that amazing mom one hundred and eleven is all ones."
Maiya is crawling. Really crawling. The baby gate has been installed on the stairs. And she has decided she doesn't like sleeping in the dark. She will still let us lay her down awake, but protests very strongly if we switch off the lights. She is like her big brother in many ways. I have tried to "wean" him off sleeping with his lamp on, so I put a smaller star light on his wall and that didn't do it, so I put a small lamp in the window and that didn't do it, so I put in a night
and that didn't do it either. In fact some nights he will turn them all on - and its like a airport runway -- yet he sleeps so should I complain? I am not the one sleeping in the sun.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope Ella can soon go back to school, but that is so funny about her and the baby shows! Maybe once she gets to be a doctor, I can go to work for her. On second thought -------. Benjamin is doing so well -- I am proud of him! And I had a feeling Maiya would be "motoring" real soon -- I'll bet that's a cute sight! I can just imagine it.

Kleanteeth said...

I think Dr.'s do more catching and less yanking, but I can see Ella being a Dr. I think she'd be a good plastic surgeon too. Very detail oriented.

Ryann said...

Emilie is the same way with the lights. Have to have them all on all night. I used to turn them off when I went to bed, but she would come in so 'scared' because it was dark. Then I bought two flower lamps from IKEA to keep the room light (but they are really just large night lights) and they didn't work either. Will they ever grow out of it?