Tuesday, October 09, 2012

guarding this time.

I gave birth before sunrise on September 21st - then I stayed in my bedroom for almost an entire week - snuggling my new baby skin to skin, breastfeeding her, breastfeeding her older baby brother,
 older siblings coming to and fro holding the new baby, Dad and mom staring at each other and new baby - thinking "Do we really have half a dozen children?"

I am guarding this time with a crazy ferociousness.
I don't want it to end, yet I know it will, so I am breathing in deep the moments.
I'll get around to her birth announcements. 
I'll get around to writing her birth story. 
Here is a sampling of what we've been up to.
This past Saturday I did make it into jeans and tennis shoes and we went to six flags. But for the most part we are homebodies at the moment and I wouldn't have it any other way.

3 comments:

Nana to Oz said...

You could post these pictures a hundred times and I for one would never get tired of looking at them!!! What beautiful blessings you all are to our family!!! Love you!!

Ryann said...

I am surprised that baby is ever put down!

shahna said...

You went to SIX FLAGS!!! Wow! I am AMAZED. The things we moms do for our kids! Congratulations Janie. She is beautiful and I am so glad you are a proud spokesman for big families. They rock!