Monday, October 15, 2007

Lord of the Poop

One poop to ruin them all, One poop to scare her, One poop to cause the scream and forever after bind her.

So looking back I think one really bad poop has lead Maiya to 18months of constipation. I have talked to the doctor, read the books, reviewed her diet, tried to change it, and gave into MiraLax - I don't think its anything technically wrong her with except an underlying fear of pooping then subsequent refusal to let it come naturally. As you can see in these two videos she strains then holds back - this continues for the rest of the day. In a bad week she can hold it for days. I really wish I could reason with her. "Maiya - please poop now, then it won't hurt later" She needs to be in an anal retentive support group or something.

3 comments:

Hallie said...

Poor Maiya. I can imagine how traumatizing it can be. Heck after giving birth, you're just as scared of the first poop as Maiya seems to be of pooping.

Anonymous said...

If there is anyone on the planet who can sympathize with Maiya's fear of pooping it is ME right now. Trust me.. this 54 year old cries louder than the two year old when The Lord of the Poop appears! Hey, Maiya.. let's get better together!

Ryann said...

Poor, poor thing. Hopefully, as her ability to reason improves, so will her constipation!