Thursday, October 25, 2007

Ding Dong Dorks

So last night we got ding dong ditched. A plate of warm brownies, departing tail lights and a note that read: "You have been spooked by the fourth ward ghosts!! Now its your turn to haunt." So tonight the kids and I hit the streets with warm cobbler and our own notes to go haunt. I prep the kids and we stakeout the house. Luckily I decided to make two pans of treats so that we could hit two houses. I wasn't sure who in the ward had already been hit so I wanted to branch out a little lest we close a loop. Its a good thing I did. The first house the kids sneak off very 007 like then come back panting. "You did ring the bell right" - "yeah (with a mild look of confusion on their faces" - "did you hear the bell ring in the house?" - "no" - "did you hear someone coming to the door?" - "no" sigh.... off to the next house. The second house had a reluctant to leave house guest that stood talking in their driveway for way too long - Little did they know their chit-chat cost them a pan of warm cobbler. So we head off for the Hambly's - A risky choice considering there are very fast kids in the house - one being Benjamin's buddy Nick. I park next door. The kids head off even more 007 like this time (Benjamin slinking around the garage with outstretched arms and rapid fire neck movements - It was quite entertaining in the warm van. Next thing I know I see him and Ella booking it as the porch light simultaneously comes on .. and drum roll please... Benjamin hits the dirt and his shoe flies away!!! He recovers, jumps in the van behind Ella and we squeal away with Nick giving chase and doing a very appropriate Na, Na, Na, We saw ya!!! As I round the corner Benjamin says "hey Why did they have a sign on their door that said "We've already been spooked" ? AARRRRGGGGGGHHHHH Benjamin!!! Duh that means someone already got to them. I went back and surrendered trying to get the goodies back to hit someone else but apparently my cobbler looks too good - they wouldn't give it up. So lets hope the other people got their treat and keeps the spook going!

No comments: