Friday, June 22, 2007

Party time

So Maiya had a great party - we half way turned it into an adult party - had finger foods and played games around her cake and gifts - but I don't think she noticed. We very much missed Grandma and Aunt Beth - really wish you guys could have been here. I just realized I haven't updated everyone on my Mom's situation. The health scare was a valid "scare" - She has stage two anal cancer and will need chemotherapy and radiation. Hopefully if those two things prove very successful she won't need surgery. You know technology makes living far away from family somewhat better until things like this happen. Its very hard to be this far away from family during times like this. Aunt Beth also needs surgery in July and my mom was her designated post op helper - that won't work so I'll be there in time to be with Aunt Beth. She is getting her tonsils taken out -(bring on the ice cream :) Thankfully it is summer, and summer camps have been rearranged and I can be with Aunt Beth and my mom for the bulk of her treatment. The kids will get to experience day care a little bit. That will be a good thing - maybe Maiya will start talking! And Benjamin needs a wake up call. The other day he said to me I know what I want to be when I grow up - "a mommy" - fearing weired gender issues I probed further -- "yeah I want to be a mommy so I don't have to go to work"- "watch it buddy your skating on thin ice!" I am thinking of bringing Ella with me - She would enjoy the trip, and is easier entertained, and since she is the house nurse...
so anyway on to the party - once again my camera is more advanced than me - I accidentally left it on the macro setting for close-ups all night - so these are not as clear as they should be.
She was a little scared of the candles
mmm licking the candles

Party hats
OWWIE - she accidentally popped her cheeks with the elastic
Yeah Gifts!!
Playing with the gifts - loved the caterpillar Nana
Her new trike
I have to give major props to Sarah for making a GORGEOUS album for Maiya - its a hand bound paper bag album and its so neat - I gave her tons of pictures and she got all of them included. Oh to be so talented! It will be cherished forever!!
P.S. - Does anyone else upload videos through google? - I can get videos to upload and I can email them but can't post them on the blog - ARRRGGHHH

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a great party!! Wish we could have been there! We are very glad you liked the caterpillar, Maiya! We thought you would have fun with it. And what a neat tryke! The album idea was fantastic, too. Can't wait to see it. HAPPY BIRTHDAY MAIYA! Love you!!