Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Six Year Old Woodstock!





Happy Birthday Benjamin

I was out of town yesterday so I didn't post for Benjamin's actual birthday. I was with my mom who had surgery removing a tumor(no cancer though - thank god) from her parathyroid. She is slowly feeling better and hopefully her symptoms, especially the kidney stones will go away. We love you Grandma!!

Tonight was Benjamin's party at the golf park. Unfortunately we got stuck outside in the mud. I was so worried about it raining during the party I didn't think that the rain the 3 previous days would hurt us too. But the kids by far didn't care and Benjamin had a blast and got some great gifts. On a side note, my baby is in a love triangle heh, heh, heh :)...

I tried something new with his hair and as I was combing it he asked very seriously if Hannah would like it and if she thought he was handsome. Then at the party a couple of kids started teasing him about inviting his friend Ashley from school. They sang the usual Benjamin's got a girlfriend stuff... Once we were home I asked him and he blushed even more than at the party and said "Yeah they destroyed my secret - I like Ashley" Well what about Hannah? " I like her too" I jokingly said you should decide which one should be your girlfriend to which he smartly replied "Why? I like them both!!"

All in all it was a great time despite the mud and teasing ... We were pretty tired after; Ella asked me if I could carry her up the stairs because her legs were "SOOOOO bored"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

love the pictures. I can't believe he is already into having a girlfriend. They grow up way too fast. Love you Benjamin!!!!

Anonymous said...

Looks like a fun time!! Can't believe he is 6 already!!!

Glad to hear Cathy's surgery went okay -- hope her recovery goes well too. And her "problems" go away now! Give her our best.

Happy Birthday B!! We love you!