Wednesday, May 30, 2012

I feel a full blown temper tantrum coming


Our home computer died. Like totally kicked the bucket. We have backed up files but I can't find the card reader to put my pictures on the laptop - hence no post for Ben's birthday - still.

A second hospital bill came putting the grand total for PJ's SIX FREAKING STITCHES - that were done poorly from a Physician Assistant with the WORST bedside manner ever to 1608.27. He has to do ER, his personality would not fly elsewhere! That means it was almost $300 per stitch. Add that to $600 for flu trip for two, and the $150 bug in ear and the $1500 I still owe midwife.

Dear Oyakawa children:


Next person to need stitches is getting super glue and steri-strips on the kitchen table. End of story.


Love,
Mom and Dad.

Seriously that is so much BS,because it is after our insurance! My midwife charges just at little more than double that for ALL prenatal care AND the delivery AND follow up care.

And speaking of this insurance. We pay five hundred dollars a month for insurance with a $6000 deductible per family (no individual deductible and $12,000 out of network) Meaning we pay $500 a month to pay for ALL of our healthcare out of pocket.  Kyle wants to drop and go sans insurance. I am thinking I might start to be on board with that plan.

In other news. Our van suffered some serious tire blow-out, bent expensive stuff, issues and today the shop called saying their original estimate was rather low - just take that number and double it will be more like it.

My mom needs major surgery. And I am worried about her and annoyed that her doctors can't get the act together.

I just spent an hour taking apart my carpet shampooer to shampoo the carpets I:
1. don't want anymore because I REALLY, REALLY want hardwood.
2. if I have to have them I'd rather a hired professional shampoo them.

After said hour the damn thing still doesn't work!

And my best friend is moving away.

so excuse me if I blubber on the floor for a while.

the dirty floor that is.

Its a good thing I'm mormon AND pregnant or I'd try one of those strong drinks I keep hearing so much about.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

:( Hugs :(
And amen to the hardwoods!

Brooke said...

I did my sister in laws birth this morning. I am ready to hop on a plane and do yours {wink}. Seriously though... I really wish I could be there! How are you feeling my friend?!