Friday, March 02, 2012

Full body shivers

Let me set the stage for you ...

I am in what is one of the hardest stages and then I get the flu

Awful beyond words

But today I was on couch trying to come back to life ... In my nightgown

Ella was home from school because she didn't feel all that good but really I could use the help

The phone rings its the school nurse with Benjamin

"Benjamin has a bug" Ella yells across the room

I get on the phone

"Your son came in complaining of an earache so I checked his ear and there is a bug in it"

Not wanting to process this I said " he has a bug?"

"no it's a BUG looks like a beetle and it's alive deep in his ear canal"

I screamed into the phone

"I am not going to tell him I don't want him to freak out"

So now to make a long story short:

Nana was already on road close to school takes Benjamin to urgent care

He's told it's a bug he says yeah I thought it was a fly - only freaks about a possible finger prick at doctors

I, in the mean time call Kyle, Mom, sister, and friend in TOTAL freak out mode

Turned out to be ok

There was a bug a teeny tiny little black gnat like June buggy thing easily bubbled out with hydrogen peroxide.

Benjamin thought it was cool, uncomfortable but cool

"I could feel it trying to fly out"

I might need therapy

PS. If you were wondering it costs $155 to get a bug removed from your son's ear

4 comments:

Amanda said...

Wow---horrid day:( so if we get a bug we could just pour hydrogen peroxide in his ear and save some $$$? good to know....hope it's looking better tomorrow for you.

Cathy said...

You should have done what your mom told you when you called... shine a flashlight in his ear and try to flush it out. But you feel bad.. so 155 is worth it, right? BenjaminBug has a nice ring to it.. I always did like alliteration!

Janie said...

Yes definitely do it yourself - oil or peroxide.

the nurse just had me TOTALLY freaked out like we needed a professional ASAP

she said I don't have the tools to flush it out here making me think neither did I :)

Nana to Oz said...

She told me it was in really deep and even the dr at the clinic couldn't reach it with forceps. However, happy as I was to be able to help, I sure wish I had thought of peroxide myself and saved you the $$$!!! Like you said tho, she made it sound really bad.