Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Maiya is SIX !!!!!!!!!!!!

you on your first birthday.

Dear Maiya,
My tiniest baby.
this is right from the email Dad sent to everyone:
Born June 21, 2005 at 3:25pm
7 pounds 8 ounces
20 inches long
I had gestational cholestasis at the end with you.
The major risk was stillbirth.
I still remember you being laid on my chest healthy.
I chanted over and over again:
"I was so worried"
"I am glad you are ok"

Daddy, Grandma and Aunt Beth were at your birth. Aunt Beth had never seen a baby be born. She was very excited. And a little shocked that I breastfed you RIGHT after you were born. She thought I'd give you a day to adjust first LOL.

You are our little summer solstice baby.

I love your spunk

I love that you are so much like your Aunt Meg its scary/funny.

You hate cleaning.
You LOVE art.
Anything is art to you: stickers, water, soap, ripped up paper, food.
You are good at making friends.

I loved how on field day you held your best friend Aprils hand the entire time.

You are so sweet and we are so blessed to have you in our family.









2 comments:

Hallie said...

6 years!?! Holy cow! I remember when this sweet girl was born, right before I moved away. I cant believe it's been 6 years. Happy Birthday Maiya!

Meg said...

my little clone:) I was busy all day today, but she will be getting a call from me tomorrow. I can't believe she is six. I remember her laying on the floor in VA being a little glow worm, and I remember her first steps in the play room... toward a baby doll. I luff her.