Wednesday, October 27, 2010

low battery.


We went to the state fair. And got two whole pictures of us, riding the DART, on the way there. Then the camera died. Someone was supposed to charge the battery before he went to bed, I'm not naming names.. cough, cough... it was Kyle. I hoped that if I turned it off it would recoup enough juice for one pic in front of the ferris wheel or big Texas guy. So later in the day I snagged a stranger to snap a pick, wrangled us into a group. Why is it so hard to get a family pic? (wait, I'll answer that - there is seven of us). And just as we said 'cheese' the guy was like ummm your camera won't even turn on.

long sigh.....

But we went. We conquered. We had fried stuff - the corndogs were awesome. And after that the Fried Pecan Pie was our favorite. We were very thristy most of the day and drinks were expensive and our water bottles from home were tapped out pretty quick.
I nursed in a bunch of interesting places - including on the ground by the baby chicks while Kyle took the rest of the gang to the petting zoo.

I was very proud of us though, we managed the DART train - all seven of us squeezed into four seats on the way there and standing room only on the way home. We managed the crowds which were pretty close to unbearable at mid-day. Kyle took the girls on the ferris wheel and Benjamin got me on the upside down spin around in circles ride. He decided to ride across from me, and it was perfect to face him on the ride. He was thrilled at first then experienced sheer terror when we hung upside down. It was AWESOME!!

And we spent only around a hundred bucks - which was tough - you can drop some major dough at the State Fair I have come to find out.

other things this month-a-roo:
I had a birthday. I am getting old.

my swaddled baby - I am in love with these blankets - (Thanks Brooke and Aunt Cat)
And this personalized blanket Sis. Hall made for Parker
Speaking of Parker, Kyle called him PJ a few times last week... maybe the nickname will happen after all??
I went to Time Out for Women and this is what I came home to - Kyle said "Time back in Woman." ***
Ella and Maiya frequently take my camera and 'model'
sometimes I model too :)
Maiya got in trouble (yes it happens) and she threw a fit in transit to her bedroom, then promptly fell asleep. And since I am a good mom I sent Ella to take a picture and we left her there.
speaking of sleeping - look at my adorable boys together!!! (Benjamin is not really sleeping :)


*** actually she did the majority of her destruction after I got home. While I was telling Kyle all about TOFW including how Parker and I went up on stage in front of almost 2000 women !

No comments: