Wednesday, March 10, 2010

more random thoughts

first off....
  • Happy Birthday NANA!!!
  • Nana got a job, which she is grateful for I'm sure, first for the obvious reasons, and because she won't have take care of me so much :)
  • I am doing a little bit better, but a "little bit"in the sense that I am ok with living at this point but am still sick all the time.
  • It feels like I am on ship, slightly dizzy, very nauseous, never get real sleep because I am just uncomfortable enough to be awake, therefore I try to make up for lost sleep by wanting to 'try' and get more all day.
  • There is an aspect of agoraphobia in my morning sickness. Under no circumstances do I want to leave my house. I have fears of barfing in embarrassing places, worry about running to the bathroom, odd smells others may have, food smells, exhaustion, etc. Normally I'd be bat crazy with cabin fever, but no, not now.
  • Yes though this pregnancy is better than usual, I have not had unrelenting vomiting, and therefore have not gotten dehydrated, and have not had to go to the hospital - HOORAY!
  • I have been very nervous the past week about some questionable bloodwork my mom got from the doctor - she FINALLY got to see the oncologist and everything is going to be ok - once again HOORAY
  • I am watching too much TV - not really because I like TV, but it distracts from the nausea.
  • There are very few things I like on TV, but you can tell how much I watch lately from my current list: almost anything TLC, Pawn Stars, American Pickers, Intervention, Hoarders, Family Feud, Cash Cab, America's funniest home movies, and Who wants to be a millionaire, and what can I say from all that programming? - We are a country pretty much full of IDIOTS.
  • Kyle continues to be absolutely amazing. As well as the kids, Benjamin and Ella are very forgiving of all I cannot do. I am determined to take them to see either Wimpy Kid or How to train a Dragon in the theater this month. Lord help me.
  • Diary of a Wimpy kid is to fourth grade boys what Junie B is to first grade girls.
  • Maiya and Cora are my little angels. I do not think any other children their age could behave so well. They entertain each other. Partially clean up. Cora takes LONG naps, and Maiya is dealing well with being homebound. I promise to make it up to her SOON, as she says "mommy remember when we used to go to the park?"
  • I have been researching childbirth a lot. Its seems to make this part bearable to remind myself there is a purpose. Have you seen Business of Being Born? AMAZING. Every woman who is pregnant or considering being pregnant should see this movie. It confirms what I have felt all along. Pitocin is the most abused drug in medicine. It leads to the cycle far too many go through: painful pitocin contractions, early epidural because of the pain, which combined together cause stress on the baby, then they whisk you away for a C-section. It is so sad that 30% of women in America are getting c-sections. After having one threatened with Cora, I am on high alert, and will do things much differently this time.

BEWARE - there are breasts and birth in this clip

5 comments:

The A Team said...

i LOVE that movie!! i'm a huge fan of home births and taking charge of your delivery. if you can do it, do. sadly, i'm too high risk and need to be in a hospital but balance it out with an open-minded awesome dr who actually listens to me (who knew they existed).

Kleanteeth said...

I'll be the first to say that I'm a fan of the drugs. Epidurals are my best friends and I was induced twice with no problems. Maybe it's my body or as my gyno's say "I'm a good breeder". I respect the all naturale's. Some say childbirth is supposed to be orgasmic. Maybe I've been doing something wrong.

Janie said...

you could be like me and have the epidural and still feel the whole birth. everyone should prepare for natural, the epidurals don't work for everyone. I am against inductions big time, you are lucky if all goes well with one, you have a 1 in 3 chance it won't

Nana to Oz said...

Thank you all for a great birthday! And for all you have done for me since I got here. And yes I am glad to have a job, and no I don't mind at all doing what I can to make it easier for you. I have felt a little guilty leaving every morning knowing you still are not at your best. I love you guys!!!

Nikki said...

Very interesting! I've seen that movie, I guess I never really paid much attention, I don't think I was even married. I watched it again though, it's a great movie. I too am a HUGE fan of drugs. I LOVED life after I got my epidural. I wasn't induced...but after my water broke at home, I didn't have any contractions, even after waiting 5 hours, so they finally stuck me on pitocin. Everything went smooth and Austin was born sortly after without any sort of even minor complication. But there is risk in anything. Its interesting to know that the US is ranked lowest when it comes to successful births (in 'modern' countries) BUT I also think that has a LOT to do with the fact that there are sooooo many teens and impoverished people in our country who get pregnant and don't even think twice about prenatal care, perhaps because of the cost, and therefore put their child in danger anyway. And people drink and use drugs etc. So it's hard to tell just how accurate statistics like that are. It's always good to be aware of risks when you're doing anything though.