Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Shall I say goodbye or see ya later gator?

Photobucket
that's contemplative, not angry 

On my favorite nights of the year ( if you are wondering, those are the nights that I can have the windows in our bedroom completely open) I love to lay there and feel the breeze. I also listen to the neighbor's wind chimes. The thing is I am not sure if the sound is soothing or annoying.

I am beginning to wonder the same thing about blogging.

You see I have been blogging since 2005, shortly after the fabulous Ryann started. Back then I had to frequently explain what a blog even was to people.

Now many are blogging and its so awesome, unless you are me and prone to addictive behavior.
It can be a time drain.

Its not you, really its me. 

See it goes down like this:
"I should blog" and or check other blogs, then I should check email. Might as well read the headlines on Fox News, better check bank account balances while I'm here, wow been here a while might as well go check blogs again. Its a vicious cycle. 

So I am going to break the habit for a while. I need a hiatus. 

I have big changes ahead anyway, Going to Richmond next week to clean out and box up Aunt Beth's house. I am bringing back two furry family members who will need some extra attention getting used to the new digs.

AND, 

I also have had this on my mind (sorry if you can't read it)
lds home

lds home 2

This was something someone handed out during a RS lesson a while back, I thought it contained a lot of great things all together in one handout. I laminated it and its been on my nightstand since. I look at it from time to time and long for the ability to accomplish many of  the things on it.

If you are taking this post as "holier than thou" then please kick me in the head. 

Its just what I feel tonight

And I thought I'd share it with you tonight because I am not turning on the computer tomorrow.

But I am sure (in terminator voice here) I'll be back.  I just need a little break.

One more thing before I go, to attest that I do, do, do love blogging:

I love my old blogs, I go back to them sometimes and they only bring smiles, wanna know which one is my favorite?? No real reason why, it just comes to mind sometimes, Probably because I'm already painfully aware that my babies won't always be babies. Curious?

8 comments:

Meg said...

but who will read my blog if you go???

Its okay, I know you have thought about this for a long time, probably longer than one would deem normal!

I have already found that I get antsy when I have no new blogs to read and you read way more than me, so I can see how it is time consuming.

Rest your mind and eyes, but you will be back:)

Ryann said...

I will miss you! But I'll just call to make up for it!

Blogging and the internet can be vicious circle! I bounce between blogs, facebook, and email. Way too much time on the computer. Maybe we should all take your lead and take a break!

My name is Andrea said...

Feeling the same stuff, searching for the "good, better, best," as I try to find the "best" and fill my life with it...blogging has naturally fallen to the wayside...not that it is not good, I just have some other things to try...I try to update once a week...I still try to read friend's updates. It has just let go of it's hold on me. I'd be sadder if you didn't just live right around the corner and we hadn't already talked about taking some trips to Dallas together. Love ya!! (Tell Maiya HI!!)

Amanda said...

You will be missed on your hiatus:) I understand exactly what you are saying. And I too can relate to looking back on my blog and loving to relive my most precious days:)

Anonymous said...

I agree, it's okay, but I sure will miss reading about all of you! It has been my means of staying connected, watching the children grow and progress, and keeping myself "in the loop", so to speak. I feel I miss so much of their lives and yours (you & Kyle) and this has helped so much with those feelings of being outside of it all, but I totally understand how things can overtake your life and your time without you realizing it. I am sure, like Meg said, that you will be back and I will look forward to that. In the meantime, concentrate on your other goals and desires and take care!! Love you!

Molly said...

Best of luck in all you do. Don't be a stranger, though.

Sarah said...

you know how i feel, you got me addicted and now you're leaving me high and dry :D love you!!!!

sorry every one i know you're sick of me saying that every time i comment-- i'm a freakshow-- i know

Sarah said...

oh, and did you just blog about blogging-- haven't we talked about this :D