Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Crazy people we are

So last night we decided to go see Santa - I heard the fancy shmancy mall in downtown Norfolk had huge life size snowglobes of Narnia to walk through; swirling fake snow and all. We left pretty much as soon as Kyle got home. Once we got there, paid for parking, and actually made it to the Santa zone there were lines wrapped around him four times - we decided no way- so we headed to the food court had dinner, played at the playground, looked around a bit and then thought we would head back and brave the lines. We get there only to discover that they had closed the line an hour before close. One lady at the front of the line said they had waited close to two hours! - I could see why; they wouldn't let more than one person through the snow globe at a time and they let each have time to 'experience' it - but two hours? Come on...
I think I audibly heard Ella's heart break when we said no Santa tonight - so off to the toy store to pick up a 'little' something.
Its when I hear the ping of the cash register I think what the heck is wrong with us?? Who buys their kids toys days before Christmas?

No comments: