Tuesday, August 16, 2011

A little late for spring cleaning.

We like to have fun and we never fight
You can't dance and stay uptight
It's a supernatural delight
Everybody was dancin in the moonlight

Dancin in the moonlight
Everybody's feelin warm and bright
It's such a fine and natural sight
Everybody's dancin in the moonlight



I am not in the "I can't wait for school to start", "Can't wait to shoo my kids on out the door" camp.

I LOVE SUMMER.

I love no schedules, not having to get up super early. Benjamin and Ella have been walk/running with me in the mornings and I love the company. We have plans to continue when school starts but that will mean either getting up really, really early or me loading up everyone to take them to school. Neither of which I look forward to.

But there is one thing I am looking forward to. I feel a whole house purge on the horizon. I think every surface and hot spot of clutter in this place needs a good once over. It hasn't really been done stem to stern since oh about this time last year when I was nesting.

I was also daydreaming one day about "my dream home" - it will include graded floors to a central drain so I can just hose off the floors... huge porch... then I thought this is dumb. I am going to make the house we have now more like what I daydream about.

so my wish list:

BIG, BIG black and white prints purchased cheaply from Sam's club hanging on my walls. (12x16 $2.96, 16x20 $5.96)

Big pillows on the floor and minimal toys in the gameroom - I notice when I move everything out of a room to shampoo carpets that room becomes play central. Less stuff is more.

Adirondack chairs for every single family member around a fire pit outside and outdoor speakers. I mean lets face it - most of the year here is suitable for a little fire outside even though the thought of it right now is too much to think about, a little more talking instead of TV, and dancing in the moonlight...

1 comment:

Cathy said...

I like the idea of you guys having a little walk together in the morning.. you are setting habits for them without their knowing it... that it can be enjoyable to move a body! And look at it this way.. you only have a few years to go before you'll be getting up for seminary! Loved the post!