Friday, August 05, 2011

Introducing the newest member of the family:



Sunday night at the dog park - we go there A LOT, its kind of our 'thing'. I said, "you know I've never really had two dogs but Hickory sure does like the company here... maybe one day"

and Kyle looked at me like I was nuts - because despite being pet people, Having a puppy as of late has been H. A. R. D. - remember my garden anyone??

So I let the thought pass, but then the next morning I read about a cute puppy on facebook that had been rescued by a sweet family down the street and adopted by another sweet family but it wasn't working out.

Kyle and I texted all day about how bad an idea it would be... But somehow, somehow....

somehow....

we went to bed that night with a puppy in the bed at our feet.

Hickory is in heaven with a friend, I have the kids helping alot before they are back to school, maybe this house training thing will go fast (it did with Hickory) and Popper has a new lease on life because Hickory doesn't play the "where's that cat" game all day - he bothers the puppy instead.

His name was supposed to be Hunk.

Zeke was the Cowardly Lions name on the farm at the beginning of Wizard of Oz, Hickory is the Tin man's name, and Hunk was the scarecrow's name.

but Hunk just wouldn't stick... So by Tuesday we had deemed the trial run a success and named him...


Nikko





the leader of the flying monkees...

from Wizard of Oz....


just in case you haven't noticed we kind of got a theme going on up in here.

5 comments:

Sarah said...

he is so dang cute!!!

Ryann said...

so cute! you make me excited to get our dog in a month or so! congrats!

Lorelei Spraggins said...

I am so grateful this puppy is with such a loving family! It broke our hearts to find him in such bad conditions, and then no shelters in Atlanta would take him as they were too full. He is so sweet and cute - and I am thankful your family rescued him. My dog thinks she is "human" and was so upset about the puppy. I am so excited to hear how much Hickory loves him!

Kleanteeth said...

Puppies are so dang cute, and it doesn't matter the breed, they're all cute. And their smell, I love it. We just adopted another too. Luckily she is already trained and spayed because I remember those potty training, chewing all the molding, eating crayons, puppy days. Good luck.

Janie said...

yeah puppyhood has its fair share of suckiness. figured while I'm already going through it I can just get it over with twice.